A tour to the Corfu highlights, the most beautiful and important spots of the island. After this tour you can say that you have been in Corfu Island. A professional guide is with you at all times and the tour is executed in luxurious coach with air-conditioning.
1. Ceramic Factory Feax – pottery artist Mr. Provata will show you how the pottery is made. In front of you he will make a vase or other pottery object. Then you can visit his gallery where all his work is for sale.
2. Achillion Palace – it is a palace build by Queen Sissy of Austria at the end of the 19th century. The palace is build in neo-classical style and has elements of Ionian, Roman and Eolithic styles. Its gardens are decorated by many sculptures and have stunning views on the island. Here is more information about Achillion Palace.
3. Liquor factory “Mavromatis” – where liquor and brandy are made from kumquat fruit. Taste the liquor and brandy, see a 5 minutes long documentary about the process of production of this liquor, or buy some for your family as a souvenir from Corfu.
4. Paleokastritsa – the most beautiful place on the island. You can swim here and admire five pine-clad promontories and small bays of yellow sand or white pebbles, shelving into crystal clear waters. Or, you can visit a 13th century Byzantine Monastery open to public, offering church, museum, old olive press and souvenir shop. Fine tavernas are ready to satisfy your hunger with delicious food.
5. Bella Vista – famous lookout on Corfu island, Mainland Greece and Albania. Stunning views, you have to take pictures of.
6. Sidari – one of the most mysterious beaches on the island. Beyond a small harbour, and the small creek known as Canal D’ Amour a series of sandstone coves has been eroded by the sea into weirdly-shaped rock formations. You have to swim in Sidari.
7. Corfu Town – short round in a bus around the center of the Town. You will see Old Fortress, New Fortress, Liston, Palace and the architecture of the town.
8. Vlacherna and Pontikonissi (Mouse Island) – the symbol of Corfu. You cannot say that you visited Corfu unless you do not have picture of these two. Visit Vlacherna monastery, or take a boat to Mouse Island where is a small coffee shop.